Directions to the Matanuska Glacier:
We are in Glacier View, about 2 hours NE of Anchorage on the Glenn Highway.
From Anchorage or Palmer, take the Glenn Hwy (Route 1) towards Glenallen. Be sure to stay on the Glenn Hwy towards Palmer, NOT Wasilla. You must exit the 4-Lane highway to stay on the Glenn.
Directions from Anchorage or Palmer:
- Take the Glenn Hwy (Route 1) towards Glenallen.
- At the Glenn Highway/Parks Highway junction (mile 35) be sure to exit the 4-lane highway (East) to the right to stay on the Glenn Hwy heading towards Palmer – Do NOT go towards Wasilla.
- Continue on the Glenn Hwy through Palmer (mile 42), Sutton (mile 62) and Chickaloon (Mile 76) then keep driving another 20+ miles
Do NOT use GPS, google maps, map quest, etc. Follow our directions and look for the small green “Mileposts” on the side of the road. MICA Guides is at Milepost 102.5.
Checking In for your Trip:
Please check in at the location of your first activity about 10 mins prior to the start time.
- Glacier View Adventures – Zipline Location:
At Mile 99, turn at the Information kiosk and BIG zipline sign. Follow the signs and drive past the zipline down to the small log cabin by the river to check in for your trip. Check in here to start your day on our two big ziplines!
- MICA Guides – Glacier Trekking and Ice Climbing Location:
After Mile 101 continue PAST the blue sign that says “Glacier Park Glacier Access” and points to the road that leads down to the glacier. **DO NOT TURN HERE!** Continue PAST the Long Rifle Lodge and we’re the next business 500′ further on the right. Look for our blue yurt and MICA Mocha Ford 1948 Espresso Truck. Check in here to start your day on an Ice Trek or Climb.
Driving times may vary greatly. The times below are approximations. Summer is road construction season! Plan plenty of time to enjoy the drive. If you arrive early, you can enjoy an espresso and scone with a great view at MICA Mocha.
Please arrive at your scheduled time. Trips usually cannot wait for late arrivals.
Driving times to MICA Guides at the Matanuska Glacier from:
Anchorage: 2 to 2 1/2 hours
Palmer: 1 1/2 hours
Wasilla: 1 1/2 to 2 hours
Talkeetna: 3 to 4 hours
Valdez: 4 to 4 1/2 hours
Glennallen: 2 hours
Denali: 6 – 8 hours (via Wasilla)
Seward: 5 – 6 hours
Fairbanks: 7 – 8 hours (via Tok and Glenallen)