Skip the long hike and fly right to a remote location on the Matanuska Glacier to explore and take in the awe-inspiring scenery of the Matanuska Valley.
Enjoy glacier trekking, climbing, and spectacular views of glacier ice features for the day.
Do you want to maximize your time exploring the Matanuska Glacier? The Helicopter Explorer tour allows you to experience our Advanced Trek without having to hike 2 miles on the moraine. Guests can expect to spend up to 3 hours on the white ice, utilizing ropes to scramble up walls, hike beside crevasses, and enjoy the beauty of moulins and blue pools. One of our highly trained guides will help you experience the most the glacier has to offer!
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 paying guests to fly.
- $349 per person
- Most tours have an average of 4 guests and a maximum group size of 6
- Minimum age 12 years old
- Maximum weight 245 lbs
All guests are weighed prior to flight. Guests over the weight limit may be allowed to join the trip if space allows. There will be a $100 additional fee.
You’re welcome to go ahead and book if traveling solo. We’ll give you an update 7 days before your trip.
What about the weather?
Although we generally have great weather here in Glacier View, this trip may be cancelled due to weather conditions. Your safety is our top priority! Should we cancel your trip, you will get a full refund. Our Cancellation Policy for all other cases will apply and you can read more about that [here].
- Short flight in helicopter to access the coolest features on the glacier. Everyone gets a window seat!
- Land on ice and explore using crampons and other technical equipment to travel with your guide.
- See stunning blue pools, bottomless crevasses and towering walls of ice.
- This trip is similar to our Advanced Trek but with a quick flight to the most spectacular areas on the glacier
- A backpack with room for gear. If you don’t have one, we have some available for you to use!
- Long Pants
Our recommendations on clothing and gear:
- Quick dry clothing (not cotton/jeans). Usually a good pair of hiking pants works great. Ski pants and jackets are not necessary
- Rain gear, even if it isn’t raining
- Liner gloves
- Tall synthetic or wool socks
- Extra warm layers
- Snacks and water or packed lunch
- Bear Spray
- Fire Arms
We recommend Planet Earth Adventures for a great package deal. (There is no public transportation to the glacier.)
Book now and you’ll receive valuable promotional codes for the following:
- Save 35% on the Extreme Zip Adventure, featuring the fastest zipline in Alaska, the G2
Why explore the Matanuska Glacier with us? Our Guides are out on the glacier every day, often on their days off! We know the best features and how to get you there while managing the risks of hiking on a glacier.
Guided adventures on the Matanuska Glacier since 1999. Go with the Pros!