If you think you’ll like our daytime glacier tours, check out our amazing glacier camping experience.
An Exclusive Experience
The Private Helicopter Explorer tour allows you to fly to the most spectacular areas of the glacier to explore, take photos or even get married!
Tour guests can expect to spend 2-3 hours on the white ice and one of our highly trained guides will help you experience the most the glacier has to offer or help you have a special event in an amazing place!
Private Heli Exploration
The Private Heli Explorer includes direct flights to and from one of the most spectacular locations on the Matanuska Glacier. We typically use an R44 Helicopter which seats 3 Passengers. Your group may need multiple flights to get to the glacier with each flight being approximately 7 minutes.
Rates depend on the number of people in your group:
1 to 4 passengers: $1400/group
5 passengers: $1900/group
6 to 8 passengers: $2900/group
- Minimum age 8 years old.
- Maximum weight per passenger is 300 lbs
- Each passenger over 245 lbs will be an additional $100
This package includes only cargo that can fit in the small space under each seat. Normally this would be a small day pack per person.
If you would like to include props for a photo shoot, extra gear, flowers or anything that does not fit under the seats you can book an extra flight exclusively for cargo for $350.
Note that we have a wedding arch on location for complimentary use!
The Private Heli Explorer fits into the same time slots as our other Heli Explorers with morning and afternoon departures. Timing may vary slightly day to day but typical check in times are 9:15AM or 12:45PM. Elopements are only possible in the afternoon time slots.
Reservations require a non-refundable deposit of 10%. Full and final payment will be due 30 days in advance of your trip.
What about the weather?
Although we generally have great weather here in Glacier View, this trip may be cancelled due to weather conditions. Your safety is our top priority! Should we cancel your trip, you will get a full refund. Our Cancellation Policy for all other cases will apply and you can read more about that [here].
“Glacier Glamping” Overnight Option
For a unique and amazing experience, add our Glacier Overnight Adventure. After your afternoon Private Heli Explorer, head over to our Luxury Camp on the glacier. Private Heli Explorer guests can save $100 per person when adding the Glacier Overnight adventure. Our camp can accommodate up to 6 guests.
- Flight over the Matanuska Valley with a glacier landing
- Guide narration of exciting glacial features and stunning views
- 2-3 hours for your own private glacier experience on the ice
- Experience is tailored to groups needs
- Professional Glacier Guides
- Safety and climbing equipment supplied
For Private Helicopter experiences we require you to have:
- A backpack with room for gear. If you don’t have one, we have some available for you to use!
- Long Pants
- Hiking boots that come over the ankle. If you don’t own a pair, we have some available for you to use!
Our recommendations on clothing and gear:
- Quick dry clothing (not cotton/jeans). Usually a good pair of hiking pants works great. Ski pants and jackets are not necessary
- Rain gear, even if it isn’t raining
- Liner gloves
- Tall synthetic or wool socks
- Extra warm layers
- Snacks and water or packed lunch
- Bear Spray
- Fire Arms
We recommend Planet Earth Adventures for a great package deal. (There is no public transportation to the glacier.)
Book now and you’ll receive valuable promotional codes for the following:
- Save 35% on the Extreme Zip Adventure, featuring the fastest zipline in Alaska, the G2
Why explore the Matanuska Glacier with us? Our Guides are out on the glacier every day, often on their days off! We know the best features and how to get you there while managing the risks of hiking on a glacier.
Guided adventures on the Matanuska Glacier since 1999. Go with the Pros!