If you think you’ll like our daytime glacier tours, check out our amazing glacier camping experience.
Helicopter. Glacier. Check and Check.
Ultimate Helicopter Glacier Tour
Experience everything the Matanuska has to offer! This trip gets you to our “secret stash” of the best features on the Matanuska Glacier.
Customize and curate your experience with local knowledge and a professional glacier team!
Whether you want to try Ice Climbing in remote spots in the backcountry or utilize your time on the ice for dramatic photo ops, your professional guides on “The Ultimate Tour” will make sure you have a great time on the Matanuska Glacier. This tour gives you the MOST time on the ice, and 30 minutes of scenic flying!
Your helicopter adventure will also include nearby peaks and looking for wildlife. Nothing beats a helicopter for taking in the sights!
- Minimum age 8 years
- Maximum weight: 245lbs
- No passenger may weigh over 300lbs. If space is available, we may allow exceeding this limit with a $100 surcharge
- Larger groups may be accommodated, please get in touch for details
- This activity is operated with our friends at Sheep Mountain Air
- This is a private tour exclusively for your groupSo your day can be whatever you like! Exploration, learning ice climbing, spectacular photos… it’s up to you for the ultimate glacier experience. You’ll also get VIP Check in at our Base and Priority Loading on the helicopter.Rates depend on the number of people in your group, starting at $1799 for 2 people. To check availability and rates, start your booking online with no obligation.
Making a reservation requires a deposit of 10%. This deposit is not refundable unless we cancel the trip for any reason. The deposit is transferable to another MICA trip within the same season.
What about the weather?
Although we generally have great weather here in Glacier View, this trip may be cancelled due to weather conditions. Your safety is our top priority! Should we cancel your trip, you will get a full refund. Our Cancellation Policy for all other cases will apply and you can read more about that [here].
- Your tour will include a total of 30 minutes in the helicopter with a scenic flight exploring the river, peaks and glacier. And everyone gets a window seat!
- You’ll land and explore the glacier with your professional guide for 5-6 hours
For the Ultimate Helicopter Experience we require you to have:
- A backpack with room for gear. If you don’t have one, we have some available for you to use!
- Long Pants
- Hiking boots that come over the ankle. If you don’t own a pair, we have some available for you to use!
Our recommendations on clothing and gear:
- Quick dry clothing (not cotton/jeans). Usually a good pair of hiking pants works great. Ski pants and jackets are not necessary
- Rain gear, even if it isn’t raining
- Liner gloves
- Tall synthetic or wool socks
- Extra warm layers
- Snacks and water or packed lunch
- Bear Spray
- Fire Arms
Book now and you’ll receive valuable promotional codes for the following:
- Save 35% on the Extreme Zip Adventure, featuring the fastest zipline in Alaska, the G2
Why explore the Matanuska Glacier with us? Our Guides are out on the glacier every day, often on their days off! We know the best features and how to get you there while managing the risks of hiking on a glacier.
Guided adventures on the Matanuska Glacier since 1999. Go with the Pros!