Take a scenic flight to the Matanuska Glacier then get dropped off with a professional guide to trek up narrow glacier canyon with sheer ice walls on every side.
Winter Helicopter Ice Cave Explorer
Your chance to go inside an ice cave!
- Person Ages 6+
Helicopter Flight to an Alaska Ice Cave
Take a helicopter flight to the Matanuska Glacier then get dropped off with a professional guide to adventure into a true glacial gem, an ice cave!
- No experience needed
- Minimum age: 6 years
- Minimum of 2 people per trip
- Maximum of 5 people per trip
This tour includes up to 20 minutes of scenic flying and 1 hour on the ice! Winter temperatures in Glacier View are often below zero, don’t worry we will have a warming hut near the ice cave for your comfort along with hot drinks!
Limited Availability: Because the glacier is constantly changing, the Ice Cave tours may not always be available. If our guides decide the Ice Cave is no longer accessible, we will give you a full refund.
Approximately 2 hours total, 1 hour on the glacier.
What to Expect
- 1 Hour of exploring an ice cave
- Up to 20 minutes of flight time
- Guide narration of exciting glacial features with our glacier professionals
- Instruction on proper crampon walking techniques (crampons and helmets provided by MICA Guides)
- Hot drinks in our warming tent on the ice!
What to Bring
For the Winter Ice Cave Explorer we require you to have:
- Your warmest winter clothing
- A backpack with room for gear, if you don’t have one we have some available for you to use!
- Hiking boots or winter boots
Our recommendations on clothing and gear:
- Insulted pants (not cotton/jeans). If you don’t have insulated pants, make sure to layer.
- Insulated Jacket, again if you don’t have all in one, layer!
- Gloves, we have some to borrow if you do not have any.
- Synthetic or wool socks
- Extra warm layers
- Snacks and water
What NOT to bring
- Bear Spray
- Fire Arms