More time, more adventure! Explore the glacier’s most amazing features up close and away from the crowds for unique photo opportunities and more.
Our Most Popular Tour
Your chance to walk on a glacier! No experience needed. Minimum age: 10 years. Surely an unforgettable experience.
Explore the Matanuska Glacier
Use our winter traction devices to literally “walk on water” as you hike the glacier with a professional guide.
Our most popular tour, visiting the best accessible features of the front glacier and great views of the icefall. Remember, our Guides are out there every day and know where to go!
Glacier trekking (hiking) is for virtually everyone! With proper equipment and an experienced guide, explore the hidden treasures of the Matanuska Glacier.
We operate with a maximum of 8 guests on our tours but can accommodate larger, private groups.
- Minimum age: 10 years
- No experience needed
Got kids? For mixed generational families and families with kids ages 6+, consider a Private Trek!
*Our Ice Fall Trek fee does not include the Glacier Park Access Fee, which must be paid upon Check In at the MICA Base. The current fee is $45 per person but is subject to change; we have no control over this access fee.*
- 4 hours in total with an average of 3 hours on the Matanuska Glacier
- Guide narration of exciting glacial features and stunning views from a high point in the ice fall
- Instruction on proper crampon walking techniques (crampons and helmets provided)
For the Ice Fall Trek we require you to have:
- A backpack with room for gear. If you don’t have one, we have some available for you to use!
- Long Pants
- Hiking boots that come over the ankle. If you don’t own a pair, we have some available for you to use!
Our recommendations on clothing and gear:
- Quick dry clothing (not cotton/jeans). Usually a good pair of hiking pants works great. Ski pants and jackets are not necessary
- Rain gear, even if it isn’t raining
- Liner gloves
- Tall synthetic or wool socks
- Extra warm layers
- Snacks and water or packed lunch
- Bear Spray
- Fire Arms
We recommend Planet Earth Adventures for a great package deal. (There is no public transportation to the glacier.)
Book now and you’ll receive valuable promotional codes for the following:
- Save 35% on the Extreme Zip Adventure, featuring the fastest zipline in Alaska, the G2
Why explore the Matanuska Glacier with us? Our Guides are out on the glacier every day, often on their days off! We know the best features and how to get you there while managing the risks of hiking on a glacier.
Guided adventures on the Matanuska Glacier since 1999. Go with the Pros!